The ODP Corporation Releases 2021 Sustainability Report
Report Presents the Company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Practices and Goals
“The ODP Corporation’s sustainability platform includes a variety of programs and initiatives in place to support our commitment to be a responsible corporation and help our suppliers and customers do the same,” said
The ODP Corporation’s 2021 Corporate Sustainability Report highlights resiliency during the COVID-19 pandemic, with a focus on associate well-being, as well as maintaining business operations. The report also showcases the progress made on the company’s public-facing sustainability goals around energy consumption, transportation emissions and cube utilization:
- The company had already exceeded its goal in 2019 to reduce energy consumption by 2021, with a 44% decrease in facility energy consumption since 2016.
- Miles per gallon in Office Depot’s private fleet increased 18% since 2018, exceeding the goal of 15%.
Office Depotimproved cube utilization by 14% since 2018, exceeding the goal of 10%.
Other accomplishments highlighted in the 2021 report include:
- 11% reduction in GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions since 2019
- 15,365 MT waste diverted from the landfill
- Recycled more than 6 million pounds of e-waste from customers
- The Office Depot Chemicals Management Policy was expanded and a Beyond Restricted Substances List (BRSL) was published for the first time in 2020.
Associate Resource Groups expanded to 14, with four new ARGs established between
Office Depot, CompuCom and Grand & Toy, including groups for Asian Professionals, Men of Color, and Women in Leadership.
$10 Millionworth of in-kind products were donated to community organizations and $2 Millionwas donated directly to COVID-19 relief programs.
- 18,000 fully stocked backpacks, gift cards and supplies were given to students and teachers at 25 schools across the country through the Office Depot Start Proud!® program.
- By partnering with minority-, women-, veteran-, disabled-, LGBTQ+ -owned and small businesses through Office Depot’s diverse supplier program, diverse businesses reached $270+ million in spend and sales.
31% of total
Office Depotsales were greener products.
The ODP Corporationcreated Elevate Together™ powered by Round It Up America® – a nonprofit initiative designed to address systemic discrimination by accelerating the creation, growth and prosperity of Black- and Hispanic-owned small businesses.
For more information about sustainability at